this is an acid-base reaction (neutralization): ba(oh)2 is a base, h2so4 is an acid.
this is a precipitation reaction: baso4 is the formed precipitate.
- names: barium hydroxide , caustic baryta , barium hydroxide lime , ba(oh)2
- appearance: white solid
- h2so4 – sulfuric acid
- other names: oil of vitriol , sulfuric acid, concentrated (> 51% and , h2so4
- appearance: clear, colorless liquid ; odourless colourless oily hygroscopic liquid ; colorless to dark-brown, oily, odorless liquid. [note: pure compound is a solid below 51°f. often used in an aqueous solution.]
- names: barium sulfate , artificial barite , barite
- appearance: white crystalline ; odourless tasteless white or yellowish crystals or powder ; white or yellowish, odorless powder.
- h2o – water, oxidane
- other names: water (h2o) , hydrogen hydroxide (hh or hoh) , hydrogen oxide
- appearance: white crystalline solid, almost colorless liquid with a hint of blue, colorless gas