Or you want a quick look:
This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
2 Br + 2 e- → 2 Br-I (reduction)
2 C-II - 2 e- → 2 C-I (oxidation)
Br2 is an oxidizing agent, C2H4 is a reducing agent.
- C2H4 – Ethene
- Other names: Ethylene , CH2=CH2 , H2C=CH2 , R-1150
- Appearance: Colorless gas ; Colourless compressed gas with characteristic odour
- Names: Bromine , Molecular bromine
- Appearance: Fuming red-to-brown liquid with pungent odour ; Dark reddish-brown, fuming liquid with suffocating, irritating fumes.
- Names: 1,2-dibromoethane , Ethylene dibromide , Ethylene bromide
- Appearance: Colourless liquid with characteristic odour. turns brown on exposure to light ; Colorless liquid or solid (below 50°F) with a sweet odor. [fumigant]
See more articles in the category: Hóa học