Or you want a quick look: Balanced Chemical Equation
Balanced Chemical Equation
C6H5OH + KOH → C6H5OK + H2O
Equation is already balanced.[external_link_head]
Phenol + Potassium Hydroxide = Potassium Phenoxide + Water[external_link offset=1]
To balance a chemical equation, enter an equation of a chemical reaction and press the Balance button. The balanced equation will appear above.
- Use uppercase for the first character in the element and lowercase for the second character. Examples: Fe, Au, Co, Br, C, O, N, F.
- Ionic charges are not yet supported and will be ignored.
- Replace immutable groups in compounds to avoid ambiguity. For example, C6H5C2H5 + O2 = C6H5OH + CO2 + H2O will not be balanced, but XC2H5 + O2 = XOH + CO2 + H2O will.
- Compound states [like (s) (aq) or (g)] are not required.
- You can use parenthesis () or brackets .
How To Balance Equations
Read our article on how to balance chemical equations or ask for help in our chat.
You can also ask for help in our forums.[external_link offset=2]
Steps (Algebraic Method)
Balance The Equation: C6H5OH + KOH = C6H5OK + H2O 1. Label Each Compound With a Variable aC6H5OH + bKOH = cC6H5OK + dH2O 2. Create a System of Equations, One Per Element C: 6a + 0b = 6c + 0d H: 6a + 1b = 5c + 2d O: 1a + 1b = 1c + 1d K: 0a + 1b = 1c + 0d 3. Solve For All Variables a = 1 b = 1 c = 1 d = 1 4. Substitute and Verify Result C6H5OH + KOH = C6H5OK + H2O L R C: 6 6 ✔️ H: 7 7 ✔️ O: 2 2 ✔️ K: 1 1 ✔️
Did you find this calculator useful? Please like or follow us on Facebook or tell your friends about this site.