Or you want a quick look:
This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
CuII + 2 e- → Cu (reduction)
C - 2 e- → CII (oxidation)
CuO is an oxidizing agent, C is a reducing agent.
- CuO – Copper(II) oxide
- Other names: Cupric oxide , Copper monoxide , Copper oxide
- Appearance: Black to brown powder
- Names: Carbon black , Acetylene black , Channel black
- Appearance: Odourless black pellets or extremely fine powder ; Black, odorless solid.
- CO – Carbon monoxide
- Other names: Carbon monooxide , Carbonous oxide , Carbon(II) oxide
- Appearance: Colorless gas ; Odourless tasteless colourless compressed gas ; Colorless, odorless gas. [Note: Shipped as a nonliquefied or liquefied compressed gas.]
- Names: Copper , Copper (dusts and mists, as Cu) , Cu
- Appearance: Solid in various forms. turns green on exposure to moist air ; Reddish, lustrous, malleable, odorless solid.
See more articles in the category: Hóa học