Or you want a quick look:
This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
Zn - 2 e- → ZnII (oxidation)
FeII + 2 e- → Fe (reduction)
Zn is a reducing agent, FeCl2 is an oxidizing agent.
- FeCl2 – Iron(II) chloride , Iron dichloride
- Other names: Ferrous chloride , Rokühnite , [FeCl3] , FeCl3
- Appearance: Tan solid (anhydrous) | Pale green solid (di-tetrahydrate) ; White-to-light-green hygroscopic crystals
- Names: Zinc , Zinc powder (pyrophoric) , Zn
- Appearance: Grey-to-blue powder
- ZnCl2 – Zinc chloride
- Other names: Zinc(II) chloride , Zinc dichloride , Butter of zinc
- Appearance: White crystalline solid | hygroscopic and very deliquescent ; White hygroscopic odourless solid in various forms ; White particulate dispersed in air.
- Names: Iron , Fe , Element 26
See more articles in the category: Hóa học