Or you want a quick look:
This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
I - 1 e- → II (oxidation)
I + e- → I-I (reduction)
I2 is both an oxidizing and a reducing agent (disproportionation (dismutation)).
- Names: Iodine , Jod , Iode
- Appearance: Bluish black or dark purple crystals with pungent odour ; Violet solid with a sharp, characteristic odor.
- Names: Sodium hydroxide , Caustic soda , Lye
- Appearance: White, waxy, opaque crystals ; White hygroscopic solid in various forms ; Colorless to white, odorless solid (flakes, beads, granular form).
- Names: Sodium iodide , Sodium iodide (anhydrous) , NaI , Sodium monoiodide
- Appearance: White solid | deliquescent ; Colourless-to-white hygroscopic crystals or white powder. turns brown on exposure to air
- H2O – Water, oxidane
- Other names: Water (H2O) , Hydrogen hydroxide (HH or HOH) , Hydrogen oxide
- Appearance: White crystalline solid, almost colorless liquid with a hint of blue, colorless gas
See more articles in the category: Hóa học