this is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
cuii + 2 e– → cu0 (reduction)
mg0 – 2 e– → mgii (oxidation)
cuso4 is an oxidizing agent, mg is a reducing agent.
Xem thêm: 6 Na + N2 → 2 Na3N – Balanced equation
- cuso4 – copper(ii) sulfate
- other names: cupric sulphate , blue vitriol (pentahydrate) , bluestone (pentahydrate)
- appearance: gray-white (anhydrous) | blue (pentahydrate) ; white hygroscopic crystals
- names: magnesium , magnesium (powder) , magnesium (pellets)
- appearance: grey powder ; silvery-white metallic solid in various forms
- names: copper , copper (dusts and mists, as cu) , cu
- appearance: solid in various forms. turns green on kiêng dèxposure to moist air ; reddish, lustrous, malleable, odorless solid.
- mgso4 – magnesium sulfate
- other names: epsom salt (heptahydrate) , english salt , bitter salts
- appearance: white crystalline solid ; hygroscopic odourless white crystals or powder